- Book Clubs
- Book Fairs
- My Account
- Shop Online
- Gift Cards
- Girl Scouts
- Autographed Books
- Stay Connected!
- Make Your Wish List
USED BOOK PROGRAM
Our Used Book Program allows you to trade in your gently read books in exchange for Used Book Credit. Your used book credit can be used toward purchases of other new and used books.
Used Book Credit Policy
You will receive 25% of the Used book’s value in trade credit. The book’s value is defined as the price Harleysville Books can charge for the book. Trade credit records are the responsibility of the customer. For example, a customer brings in a trade paperback book and we price the book at $6.00. The customer’s credit would be $1.50 (25% of $6.00). To use trade credit, you may use up to 50% of the price of another Recycled Book or 10% toward a new book. For example; if you purchase a used book for $5.00, you may use up to $2.50 in trade credit towards that book. If you purchase a new book that is $10, you will receive a discount of $1.00. The remaining balance must be paid by cash, check or charge. Trade credit may not be used to purchase non-book items such as Girl Scouts, t-shirts, chocolates or puzzles and games. Trade discount cannot combine with other discounts such as NY Times Bestselling Discount or Teacher Discounts.
Our Recycled Books reflect the same high standards and great selection that are found in our new books.
What we will accept:
• Adult paperback fiction dated within the last 10 years
• Adult hardcover fiction - the more popular the better. In general, we may accept hardcover fiction published within the last 2 years.
• Paperback fiction for children and young adults. Paperback fiction for children is defined as chapter books. Soft cover and hard cover picture books and leveled readers are not included as children’s fiction.
What we will not trade:
• Encyclopedia sets
• Computer software user materials
• Family bibles
• Most Book Club selections including Reader's Digest condensed books, Doubleday, Scholastic and Troll Book Clubs.
• Books that have highlighting, underlining, water damage, visible mold, smoke or musty smells.
There will probably be some books that we cannot use. This may be because of condition or simply because we already have multiple copies of that particular title.
Books can be dropped off by appointment only. Please contact the store at 215-256-9311 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment. Any books left on the premises without prior approval will become the property of Harleysville Books with no compensation.